Imphal, July 17: After 24 hour general strike, the United Naga Council (UNC) is sorting out strategy to precede various forms of agitations against the Okram Ibobi Singh led government. The Naga apex body was had called the 24 hour general strike in hill districts of Manipur in protest against the deployment of Manipur police commando in UKhrul district head quarter and dismantling of NCSN-IM technical head quarter in Ukhrul district head quarter.The general strike did impact normal life along both the National Highways with complete halt of vehicular movement; however, here were no reports of any untoward incidents during the general strike.According to report, the UNC is convening a meeting of the Naga HOHO, ANSAM and NSF today at Ukhrul district headquarter. A source said that the meeting discussed to intensify the ongoing protest against government of Manipur.Mentioned may be made that the UNC has been protesting the deployment of Manipur Police Commando, imposition of CrPC 144 and dismantling of WTR office of the NSCN-IM. The meeting also minutely discussed about the Alternative Arrangement for Naga Inhabited region.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- KSA extends monetary help to students of Chemistry Dept of MU
- Congress party urges CM to utilize ASHA workers and to upgrade web portal launched in connection with COVID-19 cases
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- ND Industries donates Rs.1 Lakh to CM Covid Relief Fund
- Appeal to stop stigma and discrimination of COVID 19 +Positive Friends.