Imphal, July 17: After 24 hour general strike, the United Naga Council (UNC) is sorting out strategy to precede various forms of agitations against the Okram Ibobi Singh led government. The Naga apex body was had called the 24 hour general strike in hill districts of Manipur in protest against the deployment of Manipur police commando in UKhrul district head quarter and dismantling of NCSN-IM technical head quarter in Ukhrul district head quarter.The general strike did impact normal life along both the National Highways with complete halt of vehicular movement; however, here were no reports of any untoward incidents during the general strike.According to report, the UNC is convening a meeting of the Naga HOHO, ANSAM and NSF today at Ukhrul district headquarter. A source said that the meeting discussed to intensify the ongoing protest against government of Manipur.Mentioned may be made that the UNC has been protesting the deployment of Manipur Police Commando, imposition of CrPC 144 and dismantling of WTR office of the NSCN-IM. The meeting also minutely discussed about the Alternative Arrangement for Naga Inhabited region.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 13th foundation day of Manipur State Commission for Women held; State to Host Two Days United Nations Conference: Guv Najma Heptulla
- Health Minister Jayantakumar Singh flags off Ayushman Bharat Pakhwara Rally from Kangla
- CRPF distributes Water Storage Tank to marginalized peoples of Mongsangei area
- ARMY recovers large quantities of weapons and warlike stores in Namsa
- PWD, PHED discuss ways to minimise public inconveniences