The Manipur University of Culture Bill 2015 was passed today in the ongoing state assembly session without the provision of reservation today. While introducing the bill, Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh who is also the leader of the house said that the motive for passing of the bill is to initiate the functioning of the bill .
MLA Samuel Risom while discussing the bill stated that there is no provision for reservation of tribal people in the bill. He further said that the provision mentioned in clause 10 of the bill which talk about the conducting of executive council meeting did not mentioned anything about the required number of members need to be presented for taking of a resolution . He further added that nothing about the need for inclusion of the minority and tribal community has been mentioned in the bill.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- AIFUCTO stands with AMCTA’s demand for implementation of 7th UGC pay scale
- The wrath of Mother Nature: Mercury is rising
- Dr. Heptulla lauds the nurses of Manipur; says they are highly demanded outside the state
- Kumbi BJYM President threatened by State Veterinary dept. staffs
- 4 plus 4 is always equal to 8: But there is something to worry