Imphal, April 3
The Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has urged the Government of Manipur to increase monthly ration quotas of daily wage earners and labourers by 50% for the period of COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement released by Kh. Devabrata, General Secretary cum Spokesperson of the MPCC, the party showed serious concern about the terrible statewide financial stress particularly among the poors, widows, daily wage earners, safai karamcharis and labourers during the nationwide lockdown to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Workers of these sectors are facing very difficult livelihood challenges at this time and they cannot overcome it alone”, the statement said.
The MPPC further demanded the government of Manipur to release pending wages payment to MNERGA Card holders, Safai Karamcharies in the Municipalities, district Council, Small towns, Panchayats, Nagar Panchayats etc. The party also demanded the government to release the yearly pensions of widows old aged persons and differently abled persons
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur
- Residents of Manipur returns in special Train from Chennai
- Points to ponder: Social Media during Lockdown