Retirement is part of our life cycle, said Trade, Commerce and Industries Minister Thongam Biswajit Singh today at the farewell ceremony for Employees retired w.e.f. 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2020. The ceremony was organised by the Directorate of Trade, Commerce & Industries Employees Welfare Association. Speaking as the chief guest of the function, the Minister said that we should co-operate with one another because we cannot work alone. He said that employees of the department are a team and should co-operate with one another to strengthen the department. Further observing that the retired staffs’ experiences are invaluable, he said we can learn much from their experience. The Minister also said that re-engagement of retired employees is carried out under certain conditions and the government doesn’t randomly re-engage retired staffs. Employees are sometimes re-engaged when there is no replacement for the retiring staff and until there is no other suitable employee to fill the post. Biswajit also assured to look into the demands submitted by the association including construction of chowkidar’s quarter among others.
Altogether 139 retired employees w.e.f. 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2020 were feted during the ceremony which was also attended by Trade, Commerce and Industries Director C Arthur Worchuiyo.
Staffs and officials of the department also attended the function.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur maybe deleted from the list of COVID-19 map; Credit goes to Chief Minister and his team
- COVID-19: A crisis that humankind can solve
- HRDA filed petition to take action against the arbitrary arrest of YFPHR activists
- CM announces Financial assistance to Manipuri stranded outside the state
- IPSA distributes edible items to labourers of FCI & FCS