Ukhrul, Feb 15
Lui-Ngai-Ni 2020, a seed sowing festival for the 20 Naga clans in Manipur particularly Anal, Aimol, Chothe, Chiru, Inpui, Kharam, Khoibu, Lamkang, Liangmai, Mao, Maring, Maram, Moyon, Monsang, Poumai, Rongmai, Tarao, Tangkhul, Thangal and Zeme celebrated at TNL ground, Ukhrul district headquarters.
A two day celebration which is hosted by the Tangkhul Naga Long(TNL) was organised by the State Level Organising Committee(SLOC) under the aegis of United Naga Council (UNC). Losii Dikho, honourable minister, PHED, Printing & Stationery, Manipur, graced the function as the Chief Guest in the presence of local MLA . Alfred Kangam Arthur, Joseph Pauline Kamson, DC, Ukhrul, ADC members and many CSO leaders from different Naga Tribes.
Speaking as the Chief Guest, Dikho recalled forefathers of the Naga Tribes whose many unique historical values had been inherited. Seed sowing culture in the spring is one of the many features the Nagas still practice today. For the prosperity of live at least in a year’s time, anything before plantation, sacrifices and prayers to God were made to sprout and bear good harvest.
Dikho further reminded the gathering that God has bestowed the Nagas without any shortage on land that grows everything the people needed. But with time, water has now become a matter of great concern everywhere. And scarcity of water is going to worsen if we do not take proper measurement today. He urged the gathering for preservation of the environment for a better sustainable future in the land. Under the theme, “oneness through culture” the festival is a unique event showcasing different social exercises like cultural dances, melodies, clothing, drum thumpings, horn blowings, customary moves and tunes etc.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- No new case of COVID-19 in Manipur; One Page admin arrested for releasing fake photo
- First COVID-19 case in Manipur confirmed; Curfew imposed in Imphal West & East District
- Manipur government declare total shut down till March 31; Ration card, CMHT card holders to get PDS item free of cost; Grocery shops and emergency service exempted
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen calls for peaceful co-existence & sense of brotherhood; Extended relief assistance to affected victims
- ‘Saving lives is the top priority, economy and others will follow’; CM appeals people to support “Janata Curfew” on March 22