Imphal, Jan 13
RK Memcha Special judge POCSO Imphal west today convicted Laishram Ratankumar @ Akash 40 s/o Nungshithoi of Thoubal. The convict is presently staying at Uripok Polem Leikai He is a biology teacher and is teaching at a Coaching center.
The POCSO judge convicted Ratankumar under section 12 of POCSO Act and fixed January 15 for sentence hearing to announced the quantum of punishment
The convict committed sexual crime to a minor victim taking advantage of isolation inside a room in his coaching center on September 6, 2017 .
The incident took place September on 6, 2017 in a coaching institute by taking advantage of isolated room on pretext of giving medicine and committed the crime of sexual assault the minor victim.
The court judgment order was announced today after the final hearing of the case.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Smile Train India Strengthens Support To Cleft Patients During COVID19
- HSLC, 2020 result declared today; two Government school students ranked in top 25 positions
- AMCTA condoles demise of Prof. Th. Oliver Monsang
- Need for empathy, understanding and responsibility
- IBSD extends support to Sikkim govt.