Imphal, Nov 28
In consonance with its humane approach to uplift the society, Khuga Battalion of 27 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) is conducting a week long training on organic farming, piggery and mushroom cultivation for the youth and BPL families of Singnhat Sub Division at ICAR, Imphal. As part of the ongoing training an awareness trip was organized for the participating villagers on 25 Nov 2019 wherein farmers interacted with scientists and experts of different departments of ICAR. The villagers listened to the experts keenly and enquired about the technical knowhow to improve their farm produce. They were told about the multi cropping system and crop rotation system of agriculture to improve soil health, use of organic products to improve the quality of their farm produce. Basics of poultry and pig farming. The ways in which a low cost mushroom hut can be made by using readily available resources. The success of the endeavor was evident with the level of curiosity the farmers had. To overcome the handicap of language suitable interpreters were employed.
“This was a unique opportunity for these villagers where they were meeting one to one with the experts. For taking the initiative to help these villagers become self reliant and empowering them with the much needed scientific knowhow, the villagers expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the Assam Rifles”, an IGAR South statement said.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles recovers drugs worth more than Rs 150 crores in a single day in Manipur
- Governor inaugurates ‘Celebrating Sankirtana of Manipur: India’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity’
- Assam Rifles Conducted Swachh Bharat Abhiyan at Sehlon
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities observed; Nemcha Kipgen launches UDID Project in all the Districts of Manipur
- Hardcore NSCN (R) Insurgent Killed In Changlang