Imphal, Oct 19
Meanwhile, American rock band Extreme is all set to perform at the ShiRock festival which is being organised as a part of the Shirui Lily festival. The already crowded Ukhrul district headquarter is reportedly facing trouble with the number of visitors raising unexpectedly today evening.
Gary Cherone and lead guitarist and founding member Nuno Bettencourt are today the talk of Ukhrul town and people are eagerly waiting to witness their performance .
Many fans from various parts of the country had already arrived to watch the band perform at decorated Bakshi ground in Ukhrul.
Over two dozen rock bands are competing for the coveted title ‘Shirock 2019’, which carries a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh and the voice – the solo hunt for the individual prize competition.
On the opening day of ShiRock on Wednesday night, popular Scottish hard rock veterans Nazareth captivated thousands of rock music lovers for nearly two hours during their debut performance in Manipur.
The fifty-one-year-old rock band took the stage around 8.30 pm with a new number along with their evergreen ‘Shot me down’ etc as their opening track with Carl Sentance as lead vocalist.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Quami Ekta Week observed; Issues can be resolved through dialogue: Chief Minister
- XXII Anniversary observance of ILP Movement in Kangleipak observed
- Alert demonstration continues; protestor Gherao MLAs residence
- Congress MLA AK Mirabai join alert protest rally; MLA Joykishan will not take part Sangai Festival
- Manipur HC directs authority to ensure safety of ostracized family in returning to their village