Imphal, Aug 10,
Imphal Airport authorities and state police personnel along with other security forces deployed at the airport were taken by surprise after they found six persons whose Aadhaar Card were issued from the state of Manipur while they revealed that they were born and brought up at Hyderabad, a source told to Imphal Times.
Details of the identities of the six suspected persons believe to be illegal immigrants is kept concealed for some time as police are trying to extract information about their visiting in the state. None of the six suspected illegal migrants speaks Manipuri Language. The 6 are presently in the custody of Singjamei Police station,
Even as the six of them had stated to have boarded from Hyderabad it is not certain whether they are coming from Hyderabad or not as they possessed identity documents which is suspicious.
Police are now investigating on where they come from and where they had to go as well as who are behind the transportation.
Investigation however is delayed as most police personnel were engaged in controlling students’ uprising and protest over the death of Babysana.
Pinky Salam, a young and enthusiastic Reporter is working with Imphal Times since 2018. Apart from being a reporter, he is a musician and plays Guitar in his spare time. Pinky is a resident of Sagolband Salam Maning Leikai, Imphal and lives with his parents. He can be reached at [email protected]
Latest from Pinky Salam
- Arjuna Awardee Surjalata Devi files case against her husband for domestic violence
- Machi High School condition in dilapidated condition despite government promises to improve it
- Fishery Skill Development (SKD) Training Programme held
- Raja Goukhothang Guite Football Memoriam 2020: United Khawzim Brothers face fellow Manipur State League outfit Sagolband United in a blockbuster final show
- New NPP office inaugurated at Churachandpur