Imphal Aug 6,
As part of the camp, the unit medical team provided necessary medical assistance to the locals of the areas in an around Yairipok. In addition, to the medical checkup, consultation on various diseases and health related issues as well as free medicines were distributed to the needy patients. As a goodwill gesture, 16 doctors from various departments of the Thoubal District medical authority voluntarily participated and assisted the battalion in the camp.
The health awareness camp received positive and overwhelming response from the local populace with over 400 people attending the camp. All the attendees conveyed their heartfelt gratitude to the Assam Rifles for their sincere endeavour and requested for more such camps in the near future for the benefit of the entire community.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census