Imphal, August 5,
Fisheries Minister N. Kayisii today inaugurated the 1st Fish Seed Fingerlings Mela at Senapati Mini Stadium.
Addressing the gathering as the Chief Guest, Minister Kayisii said that about ninety percent of the population in the State consume fish and fish products. Despite being a small department, fisheries department is tasked with a crucial responsibility of meeting these demands, he stated. Reiterating the State’s goal of attaining self sufficiency in fish production by eliminating fish import by 2022, Kayisii expressed gratitude to the honourable Chief Minister for allocating rupees 1.5 Crores through additional funding for promoting fish farming. Expressing satisfaction on the overwhelming response towards the mela, Kayisii opined that the Fish Seed Mela will help place Senapati in becoming one of the leading fish producers in the State.
Kayisii also interacted with local fish farmers following the inauguration ceremony and assured all possible assistance to promising fish farmers of the district.
Altogether, more than one lakh sixty thousand good quality fish fingerlings were stockpiled by the District Fishery Office for the Mela.
The Fish Seed Fingerlings Mela, the first of its kind in the State, drew a huge crowd and keen participation from over 400 intending fish farmers, DLOs, community leaders, officials and staff from fisheries department. The mela was organized by District Fishery Office, Senapati.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifle inaugurates vocational training centre and distributes solar power systems
- Manipur State Journalist Awards, 2019 conferred to 8 journalists on National Press Day
- Manju Diler visits Ccpur, takes stock of manual Labourers’ Plight
- Children should be acquainted with the beauty of nature for harmonious living: Deputy CM
- Minister Shyamkumar launches green bag at Ima Market; 2 Lakhs Green Paper Bag Distributed To Curb Plastic Pollution