Imphal, Aug 3,
In response to the protest and demand of the Socialist Students’ Union Manipur (SSUM) and the students of Lamlai Higher Secondary School the Education Department of Manipur had issued an order to send 8 teachers to the school. The teachers were asked to join the school immediately.
SSUM and the students of Lamlai Higher Secondary School had staged protest at Manipur Human Rights Commission (MHRC) complaining about the lack of teachers at this school earlier.
SSUM leading the protest had put in a petition to MHRC on 25th July, to fulfill the Right to Education for the students of this school who have not been able to study under the proper guidance of teachers for past one and half year due to lack of teachers.
SSUM also has been contracting private teachers for this school with payment done by them.
With the belief that related authorities will look further into the conditions of schools, especially the state run schools where students are not able to study with good infrastructure and complete facilities.
SSUM lauded MRHC, Education Minister, Director of Education Department and related authorities.
Further, SSUM also promised to work and stand for the under privileged and marginalized students of this society.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- 10 days filmmaking course at MU concludes; Smartphone filmmaking a legitimate way of storytelling - Ajmal Jami
- MU community staged sit-in-protest demanding not to disintegrate Manipur
- Countdown begins for MANITEX- 2019: 15 stalls from foreign countries and 56 from different states of India will take part - Bishwajit
- Women’s body stage rally, submits memorandum to CM and Governor over FA
- NEFIS stages protest rally at MU demanding Anti Sexual Harassment Committee in MU