Ghy, July 17,
In view of the worsening flood situation in the Eastern region, Lieutenant General MM Naravane, PVSM, AVSM, SM, VSM, General Officer Commanding in Chief, Eastern Command, took stock of the situation and was briefed by various Commanders on ground about the preparations underway. The Army Commander stated that the situation is presently under control and assured a quick response by the Army on being requisitioned for deployment on flood relief tasks.
Various resources of the Army in anticipation of flood related calamity are on ‘Stand by’. Army is closely monitoring the flood situation in close coordination with civil administration along large number of flood prone areas. There are 152 monitoring stations which will ensure timely warning of an impending crisis due to floods.
Army has alerted the flood relief columns which consist of rescue and relief material, to be prepared for deployment on short notice. Total of 95 flood relief columns along with additional 31 columns as reserve have been kept on ‘Stand by’ for this purpose. As on date five columns have been requisitioned and are helping in the relief operations. Column Commanders are in regular touch with the civil administration to ensure timely response when called upon to assist.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Minister Shyamkumar distributes vegetable seeds to 32 selected farmers of 12 districts
- Shirui Lily Festival – Shechef celebrates with a cause
- Nazareth to rock the opening day Shirui Lily festival, Extreme band to perform on October 19
- Neurosurgery ward inaugurated at JNIMS; Foundation stone for 18 private Wards laid
- Nemcha Kipgen Signs MOI with Government of Bangladesh