Imphal, July 17,
Local women and youths of Kshetri Awang Leikai, Kshetrigao today staged a sit-in-protest demanding arrest and punishment of the culprits involved in the gun attack to Urikkhinbam Natacha @ Thoibi on July 4. Thoibi is the daughter of Human Rights Defenders U Nobokishore and Sobita Mangsatabam.
While the protest urged the government for arrest and punishment of the culprits, it also demanded installation of CCTV camera in proper places of Imphal area.
The protestors also warned the government of intense agitation with the help of various civil society in the state if the government fails to arrest the culprits.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur. He can be contacted by email at [email protected]
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- 3 from Manipur arrested with Rs. 2.5 crores worth heroin in Meghalaya
- Police cracks gangster involving in organized crime
- RNBA 3rd Children festival begins
- CJM Thoubal directs CBI to conduct further investigation on extra judicial killing of Ningthoujam Thopchao in Manipur
- Pro CAA demonstration staged at Khangabok