Imphal July 14,
Convenor and co convenor of Coordinating committee of All Manipur Youths and Students Association was elected.
In the occasion of electing the new executives of the Association held yesterday at the office of Association situated at Thangmeiband Polem Leikai, Khundrakpam Rameshwar was elected as the convenor and L. Thoungamba as co-convenor of the Association unanimously.
The other executives will be elected on 24 July.
Stating in a press statement signed by the Co Convenor of the committee L. Thoungamba said that during the occasion several issues of the education and its sector were discussed. The issues includes the problem faced by the students, the deteriorating conditions of government schools, unreasonable increase of fees in private school, extra fees taken for IT though students were not made avail and used the computer, the problems of youth caused by drugs.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Alert demonstration continues; protestor Gherao MLAs residence
- Congress MLA AK Mirabai join alert protest rally; MLA Joykishan will not take part Sangai Festival
- Manipur HC directs authority to ensure safety of ostracized family in returning to their village
- Education minister Th. Radheshyam inspects school and interacts with students on ‘No School Bag Day’
- Security forces shifted from Colleges campus after Human Rights bodies, students demand for removal