Imphal, June 4,
Political theatre of the N. Biren Singh led Manipur Government saw unfriendly wind blowing post 17th Lok Sabha Election as some important cabinet ministers abstain from attending the Cabinet Meeting held today at Ukhrul District head quarter.
There are no appropriate reasons known on why some Cabinet Ministers holding important portfolio refrained from the important Cabinet Meeting held at Ukhrul district head quarter for the first time after the 17th Lok Sabha Election. However, source said today’s picture show something messy which has been talking around within the political circle of the ruling government for quite some time.
Source said that some top profile Cabinet Ministers of the BJP are not attending the meeting as a mark of protest in the N. Biren Singh politics to the pressure for reshuffling of the Cabinet Ministers. A Cabinet Minister has been lobbying for the Deputy Chief Minister post but for reason best known to the Chief Minister, he seems helpless to convert the demand into action as he cannot take any decision without getting a “yes’ from the high command.
As for the NPP Cabinet Ministers, their absence from the Cabinet Meeting is a kind protest or threat to the much talk about dropping out of some Ministers.
Why Nemcha Kipgen, the only woman Cabinet Minister who is holding the Social Welfare portfolio were absent is a matter that needs to be pondered upon.
With today’s development, the much talk about cabinet reshuffle in the N. Biren Singh government seems to be just not a mere talk but soon to be happening. It is likely that the post of Deputy Chief Minister is likely to be pulled out from the NPP and handed over to a BJP top profile minister. At least two from among the BJP MLAs are also likely to be inducted in the Cabinet Ministry, the source affirmed.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University in Dire Straits (Part -3) Violating Rule 150 & 155 of the GFR, MU procured over 17 lakhs worth equipments
- Earlier it was outlaws, then the govt. Machineries, Now the CSOs started infringing to media freedom
- No timeframe for solution of Naga Issue in Governor Ravi’s Address to Assembly
- Hope for the common people; Hopefully the lady IPS officer understands how the common people suffer traveling on Imphal-Moreh road
- Manipur University in Dire Straits – (Part -2) MU authority dishonours RTI Act; Provide false information in connection with expenditure of 105 Indian Science Congress