Imphal, May 22,
Manipur High Court has directed the two member Independent enquiry committee which was constituted by the MHRD over the month long impasse at Manipur University on the issue of VC AP Pandey, to submit the findings within five days to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) so that the Visitor of the University can take action.
The High Court order directed that the MHRD should place it before the Visitor of MU for “his approval and directions.”
After a prolonged student agitation in MU, an Independent Two Member Committee was constituted for finding out the truth on the charges made to Aadya Prasad Pandey, the then VC of Manipur University (MU).
The order clearly indicated that the Manipur High Court acknowledges the existence of Visitor of MU which Prof. AP Pandey had been denying its existence.
The court order also stated that Jarnail Singh should continue as the Administrator of Manipur University till the decision of Visitor on the matter based on the report of the Independent Two Member Committee.
Furthermore, Manipur High Court order also “quashed and set aside” the appointment of K Yugindro Singh as Pro-Vice Chancellor by the then VC Adya Prasad Pandey.
Chongtham Nimai, Retired teacher of Johnstone Higher Secondary School and Hemanta Kumar Ningombam, Editor of Sanaleibak Daily were among the petitioners who filed the case to find an amicable solution to the prolonged crisis at Manipur University.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?