Keithelmanbi Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) observed “National Anti Terrorism Day” by organizing an awareness programme at Lilong Higher Secondary Madrassa on Yesterday2019.
The awareness programme commenced with a lecture by the school principal followed by an educative and motivating lecture by Lilong COB Commander on the “Importance to National Anti terrorism Day”. As part of the lecture, students were given insight on the effect of terrorism and violence on people, society and nation as a whole.
The students were also informed on the sacrifices made by thousands of soldiers who have fought against terrorism. The students also took a pledge to have abiding faith in the country’s tradition of peace, non-violence and tolerance and oppose all forms of terrorism and violence. The lecture was followed by an interactive session during which various queries of the students were answered.
The entire school staff along with students expressed profound gratitude to Assam Rifles in efforts to uphold and promote peace, social harmony, and fight the forces of disruption threatening human lives and values.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Manipur Lokayukta Website Launched; Lokayukta Will Work For The Interest Of The Public: Chairperson Nandakumar Singh
- Manipur is a land of resources : Minister Jayantakumar
- Collective Effort Can Achieve CM’s Green Manipur Mission Sooner: Forest Minister
- Assam Rifles saves snake bite victims
- DC Imphal East Reviews Preparedness Ahead of 7th Economic Census