Imphal, May 21,
National Highway-2 saw tears and frenzy wind blowing at Sekmai area after two persons – a rider and a pillion rider, died on a tragic road mishap at which the two wheeler vehicle they were riding crashed on a head-on collision with a loaded truck coming towards Imphal.
The tragic accident happened at Koujengleima area of Sekmai on Imphal Dimapur road at around 10 am today.
The rider Angom Sandeep, who is around 32 years old, a resident of Awang Sekmai Makha Leikai reportedly died on the spot, while the pillion rider Marakpam Lakhichand, aged about 29 years old, who hailed from Sekmai Keithel, just few meters away from the accident site succumbed to his injury at RIMS hospital. The driver of the loaded truck has been arrested by Sekmai police.
The two wheeler vehicle – Dio, that the two ill fated persons were riding bear registration number MN-01-U1622 and is red coloured. Witness said that the vehicle was crushed by the front wheel of the loaded truck bearing registration number AS-01-G 2135.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Countdown begins for MANITEX- 2019: 15 stalls from foreign countries and 56 from different states of India will take part - Bishwajit
- Women’s body stage rally, submits memorandum to CM and Governor over FA
- NEFIS stages protest rally at MU demanding Anti Sexual Harassment Committee in MU
- State Congress activists burnt effigy of Manohar Lal; This is a totalitarian regime, we are not allowed to stage democratic protest - Gaikhangam
- Manipur has everything in the field of art & culture: Prahlad Singh Patel