The NCD Cell, District Health Society Thoubal Organised One Day Breast Cancer Awareness and Screening Programme yesterday at District Hospital, Thoubal, under the aegis of National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer Diabetes Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke.
The programme was attended by Dr. W. Ruhinikumar Singh, pediatrician, District Hospital Thoubal, Dr. Kh. Homeshwar Singh, District Nodal Officer, NCD Cell Thoubal and Ch. Basanta Singh, District Programme Manager, District Health Society Thoubal attended the programme as Chief Guest, President and Guest of Honor respectively.
Dr. Chinglaiphaba, Surgeon, District Hospital Thoubal was the resource person of the day. He explaineded about the early detection of breast cancer by self as well as screening through power point presentation. Handouts were also made available to the participants.
Women of thirty years and above participated in the programme and they were screened for Breast Cancer at the NCD Clinic District Hospital Thoubal. Community Health Officers posted at Health and Wellness Centres in Thoubal District and trainees were also benefitted from the training programme. It will help them in Population Based Screening on Non Communicable Diseases at their respective health and wellness centres.
The dignitaries on the dais shared their views on regular screening for breast cancer detection and regular follow up. Follow up can be done at their nearest Health and Wellness Centres.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- No timeframe for solution of Naga Issue in Governor Ravi’s Address to Assembly
- Hope for the common people; Hopefully the lady IPS officer understands how the common people suffer traveling on Imphal-Moreh road
- Manipur University in Dire Straits – (Part -2) MU authority dishonours RTI Act; Provide false information in connection with expenditure of 105 Indian Science Congress
- 6 more major rebel group call 12 hours total shut down on Republic Day
- Fate of Manipur University in dire straits; More irregularities found (Part -1)