Imphal, Jan 31,
Prof. Amar Yumnam, Director Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Manipur University mentioned in his address that in neighbouring countries like Myanmar, China, Cambodia & Vietnam progressive farming techniques have already been adopted during the last decade by giving sustainable growth and development to farmers communities. He further said that the State of Manipur has full potential for adoption of latest technique in farming technology & integrating with professional marketing approach for the agricultural products.
Mohan Kumar Mishra, Secretary, NCCT, New Delhi urged upon to treat agriculture as enterprise so that the farmer communities are not only treated as farm producers but farmers welfare is truly translated. He said that there is a huge scope of farm development i.e. post production activities in the State and agriculture logistic and agriculture marketing with support of cooperatives and FPCs. He also emphasized for cooperatives active role in Soil Health Card System and Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana to provide advisory service to the farmers. President, Manipur State Cooperative Union, L. Tompishak Singh that cooperative play a vital role in the Manipur and farmers.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit