Imphal, Dec 31,
Pioneer investigative Journalist NK. Sanajaoba was remembered and paid fitting tribute on his 82nd Birth Anniversary at Lamyanba Sanglen, Palace Compound in Imphal East.
On the occasion, Sh.Shamu, Vice-chairman of the organising committee in his keynote address gave a brief history of NK Sanajaoba.
Nk.Sanajaoba was born on Dec 30, 1936 at Singjamei Wangma Kshetri Leikai Imphal .He was the son of Nk.Ibocha and Muktarei. He started his schooling from Troban Kshetri Leikai Jr High school, later he studied at Raja Dumber school and completed his matriculation in 1956 under Guwahati University. After that he completed intermediate and graduation from DM college Imphal. At the DM college he was elected as students representative as Megazine secy of the college. During his college days he met Arambam Somarendra , Nongmeitham Pahari.
During his college days in 1955, NK Sanajoaba met captain LH Harnett as NCC instructor. Arambam Somarendra, Nongmeithem Pahari and Nk Sanajaoba were the students of captain Hernett. During NCC time the essence of Nationalism was sown to the pioneer journalist. On 24 November 1964 a revolutionary group called UNLF was formed under their leadership. Nk.Sanajaoba was a member of the central committee. He played a big role in the organisation of UNLF at both Hill and Plain.
NK Sanajaoba was the first Editor of Pan Manipur Youth League (PANMYL) monthly journal Lamyanba . Through Lamyanba he exposed wrongs of the government and for that he was detent in jailed many times.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today
- Is there any way forward that the Meitei, Naga and Kuki jointly resist CAB from a common platform
- Enigma of Unique Histories