Imphal , Dec 13,
Members of Juvenile Justice Boards of Manipur (JJB) today submitted an ultimatum to the Director of the Social Welfare department demanding release of fund for maintenance of the office and child related expenses on or before December 20.
“The department of Social Welfare is demanded to release the pending funds before 20th December 2018 otherwise further agitation or protest will be sorted out”, a memorandum submitted to the director threatens.
The Members of the Boards are taking vital role in handling the cases of Juveniles in Conflict with law as persons who are empowered by law as belonging to the body of presiding officers.
As per the ultimatum submitted to the director, the entitled allowances for the Members (JJBs) beginning from the month of April 2017 (90% central share) have not been released until today. Further, the 10% allowances of State Share for the JJBs have not been released from the month of April 2016 until today.
Besides, the office maintenance and child related expenses beginning from the month of April 2017 (90% central share) have not been released until today. Further, office maintenance and Child Related Expenses of 10% State Share beginning of April 2016 have not been released until today.
Under this circumstance, the Members are beyond our capacity to deliver services without any pence to expense for our daily needs.
The ultimatum was submitted after deliberation over the matter by the members of the Juvenile Board.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Husband appointed as a consultant by MCPCR Chairperson gets Rs. 9,10,000/- as hiring charge for his own vehicles
- With by-election likely to announce anytime, hardcore state BJP workers worry as party establishment yet to be restructured
- I have asked office bearers to continue service until new appointment - Prof. S. Tikendra
- Tears still wet the eys of many widows of extrajudicial victims
- “Prejudices for unalike religions”