Imphal, Sep 19:
Irilbung Police had arrested a person who allegedly stole four mobile phones (MI 4A, Samsung Duos, MI Redmi, OPPO A83) worth Rs. 43,000/- and three gold rings worth Rs 25,000.
Source said that the mobile phones and gold rings were stolen from the house of Mutum Amuba Singh S/o Late Mutum Ibohal of Keirao bitra Mayai Leikai on the intervening night of September 4 and 5.
The arrested thief has been identified as Md.Sabir khan @Sanathoi(20)yrs S/O(L) Faya Khan of keirao Makting Makha Leikai, added the source.
Meanwhile, the Nongpok Ningthou Panthoibi Development Committee, an apex body of Keirao Bitra lauded Kiran Singh , who is the Officer in charge of Irilbung police station for tactfully arresting the culprit on time.
A release signed by T Joy Meetei, president Nongpok Ningthou Panthoibi Development Committee demanded fitting punishment to the accused thief as per law of the land.
Citing that incidents of robbery, which is on the rise in recent days at Keirao village, the apex body imposed ban on entry of outsiders into the village after 10 pm.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur’s 1st Lokayukta Chairperson sworn in retired justice T. Nandakumar Singh as Chairperson
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh returns; leaves airport without facing reporters
- Pouring anger to media won’t help solving the crisis
- Political crisis remains unsettled; BJP Central leaders to review MLAs performance during the 17th Lok Sabha Election
- Central leaders will come and decide for solution – Th. Bishwajit