Hectic tasks on to shift new commando post at Moreh 

Waari Singbul Network
Imphal, Jan 22:

In the aftermath of the recent gunning down of two state police commandos and injuring six others by suspected Kuki militants at Moreh town bordering Myanmar, the state government has begun works to shift a new location of the force at the border town in Tengnoupal district.
It would take a few days to complete renovation of some buildings meant for the new commando post, official sources said on Sunday.
The tasks came after Kuildiep Singh, security advisor to the N Biren Singh government, said the police commandos’ post would be relocated to another site there from where they can easily respond to militants’ onslaughts and launch offensives.
On Wednesday last, two commandos – Wangkhem Sormorjit Meetei and Takhellambam Saileshwor – were killed and six others injured when they came under heavy attacks by the militants who employed rocket propelled grenades and sophisticated arms.
Meanwhile, the state government has given new postings of four Manipur Police Service (MPS) officers at different places, including violence-hit Moreh.
After the killing of Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Moreh, Chingtham Anand Kumar by suspected Kuki militants on October 31, 2023 no new officer of similar rank had been posted there.
According to an order issued by the special secretary (department of personnel) on Saturday, assistant commandant of 7 India Reserve Battalion (IRB) Kh Sunil Kumar has been posted as SDPO Moreh.

Related posts

Normal life paralysed as JFD strike over NRC before Census brings Manipur to standstill

State Govt to continue push for NRC before Census: Sapam Ranjan

NRC before Census: Former CM N Biren says Home Minister Amit Shah assured early solution