Home » Awards for Public Health Facilities announced

Awards for Public Health Facilities announced

by williamgurumayum
0 comment 2 minutes read

A press meet was held at RIMS Directorate in connection with Kayakalp awards scheme today. Addressing the mediapersons, Dr. O. Ibomcha Singh, State Mission Director, said that Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, government of India have instructed all Chief Medical Officers/Medical Superintendents/ Medical Officers of Community Health Centers (CHC)/ Primary Health Centers (PHC)  that all health institutions  up to levels of PHCs will be covered under Kayakalp award scheme- an initiative to award prize to public health facilities to promote “Swachhta” or cleanliness under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or clean India Campaign launched by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi .
O. Ibomcha singh further disclosed that such kind of scheme will promote cleanliness, hygiene and infection control practices in public hospitals.  The awards, to be assessed under different categories namely : A) Best two district hospitals in each state (Best District Hospital in small states), B) Best two Community Health Centers /Sub district Hospitals (limited to one in small states) and C) one Primary Health Center in every district, would be distributed based on the performances of sanitation and hygiene, waste management and help services from those hospital achieving at least  350 mark out of 500 in the internal assessment which will be assessed by cross examination between hospitals .
For every state the top two ranked district hospitals will get Rs 50 lakh and Rs 20 lakh respectively and CHCs/SDHs will receive cash award of Rs 15 lakh and Rs 10 lakh respectively, however for small states like Manipur, only one award for each category will be given.
He further added that 75 percent of the wards will be obtained by the hospital management committee and remaining 25 percent will be obtained by doctors. An inspection team under the chairmanship of the Principal Secretary called State Quality Insurance Committee has been formed for the purpose.  He further appeal to the public to support and participate in the initiative to achieve the goal of Kayakalp.

You may also like

Leave a Comment


Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092


©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.