Home » Trollers, first understand why the MU community rejects the fact finding committee

Trollers, first understand why the MU community rejects the fact finding committee

by IT Web Admin
0 comment 4 minutes read

A rumour to malign the image of the Manipur University Community that is standing tough on the irregularity and financial misappropriation committed by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. A.P.Pandey is being trolled by some vested interested persons through social networking site stating that it is unfair to punish the VC without an enquiry.
Well, a fact finding committee has been constituted by the MHRD and was rectified again putting a retired acting Chief Justice from the state.
In our editorial yesterday as well as in the news report, we in the Imphal Times have already disclosed what the MU community has been demanding. That was not the first time that this newspaper points figure on the possible way to end the prolonged impasse which has been hampering academic activities not only in the University but also to the 60,000 students of all the colleges affiliated to the Manipur University.
To make it clear to all those who are still confused to the demand of the Manipur University Community we in the Imphal Times once more reiterated the demands.
Well, an illness diagnosed at an early stage has 99% chance of recovery if medicated in a proper way. But it will only be 1% to 5% chance to save the person if the illness reaches at its critical final stage.
The MUTA’s first move was a request to the VC to talk with the agitating students under the aegis of the MUSU which affected academic atmosphere of the University. The MUTA’s latter stand to support the MUSU came only after the Vice Chancellor Prof. Adya Pandey’s refusal to listen to the teachers’ community which is also a kind of humiliation.
The resignation of Deans of schools, Heads of departments and latter a series of strikes was incited by the high handedness of Prof. A.P.Pandey.
49 days and that too at a time when students are well shaped their future prompted actions, and even people from outside the University supported the cause. In the meantime, college students started demanding their rights of study and police brutalities towards that democratic demand appeared as putting salt to the wound. Oinam Sital, General Secretary of DESAM miraculously survived after police personnel allegedly pushed him on a running heavy vehicle.
Shocked at the attitude of the central as well as state government, the MUSU called a 48 hours general strike which is being supported by all the people of the state.
Now, why the MU community stands firm not to support the so called fact finding committee needs to be analysed.
Firstly, the MU community wants the VC Pandey to be dismissed or if in case an enquiry has to be conducted than he should be either suspended or put on leave. The community also wants an enquiry committee constituted under the Commission of enquiry act headed by a retd. judge of a High Court. The fact finding committee was formed and added a retd. judge in addition to the two members which the community  had earlier rejected.
The proposal of the state government to appoint a Pro VC also showed lack of understanding about the Manipur University Act by the Union Government. Pro VC as according the Manipur University Act should be appointed on the recommendation of the VC by the Executive committee of the University. These proposals clearly indicate the clear intention of keeping the VC Pandey intact in the office even at the time of enquiry where impartial investigation can never be expected.
Now the question arises is why is the union govt. standing for the incumbent VC whom every community of the institution has been demanding his removal? What is that power that even the government of Manipur fails to put proposal in an intellectual way by understanding the Manipur University act? Is there an agenda of the two governments to make sure that AP Pandey continues to hold the office of the VC of Manipur University?

You may also like

Leave a Comment


Imphal Times is a daily English newspaper published in Imphal and is registered with Registrar of the Newspapers for India with Regd. No MANENG/2013/51092


©2023 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Hosted by eManipur!

Adblock Detected

Please support us by disabling your AdBlocker extension from your browsers for our website.