The editor of one evening newspaper questions on ‘Ismat becoming the topper of CBSE 12th class in 2012’ by making some illogical and insane statements. It shows his animosity and jealousy towards Ismat on the personal level. But at the professional level, it shows that the editor is not compatible with his job and his baseless and wrong statements rather pose questions to himself about his credibility and personality.
He quoted that Ismat was so weak in study and could not have been the board topper. We wonder how would he justify his statements when Ismat before becoming all India topper held the extraordinary records like-
1. He was one among the five topmost position holders of CBSE 10th class of northeast region but held 2nd position in Manipur.
2. He was the topper in the entrance test to Sainik school Imphal (for students in Northeast region and Bhutan) and secured the highest mark ever.
These days we hope he will bring more achievements to us. On the other hand, even if he is weak in study now, his weakness can’t justify those statements of the editor. Because of the logical facts can easily prove that any board topper won’t be able to pass even the 1st semester exam of undergraduate course without studying them properly?
Many a times, board toppers including from Manipur didn’t get through the interview. It’s a college which could put even the name of CBSE 12th class topper of 2013 in the waiting list for admission. The editor should have written these facts and also mentioned that Ismat passed the interview test in St. Stephen’s College.
The editor even wrongly quoted the amount Manipur government awarded to Ismat. He wrote 10 lakhs which is double the amount Ismat got. What an incompatible editor he is! We will be pleased to know which institution gave him the degree to become an editor of a newspaper.
Er Farooque Khan
(Editor’s note: “Imphal Times” is not the paper that carries the news item)
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24