It is gratifying to read that there shall be no corruption in the appointment of 116 nurses. It is yet to be seen in
However it is relevant to remind the people and the RIMS authority that the unemployed nurses had been cheated of Rs 200 each as examination fees they had to submit last time. Over two years ago a notification was issued by RIMS for appointment of nurses. Each applicant had to submit Rs 200 in bank draft along with their testimonials. However the examination for the appointment of the burses was never held. The reason not known to the unemployed nurses.
If the examination is cancelled and another examination is scheudled after calling fresh applications the RIMS authority should refund the fee of Rs 200 each that the applicants had to submit. This was not done. People would like to know who had pocketted the big amount since there were over 8000 applicant that time.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24