the tripartite talked between representative of union Government(MHA) and the state BJP ruling talked on 10 March at Senapati HQ seems only to pacify the Manipur Nagas with the cost of Louis ancestral land. How long the UNC is going against the upgradation of Kangpokpi ADC into DC? Are not the Manipur Nagas under the aegis of UNC that developmental works for Kangpokpi district had been siphoned off since 1972 when Manipur attained statehood and till date? It will be the most appropriate that the UNC should returned all developmental works fund mean for Kangpokpi(Sadar Hills) District diverted to Senapati from 1972 till date. Was there any historical that the Manipur Nagas had resisted or war/battle with the imperialist The British to fulfill their political or issues? The Kukis by far had fought war with the British for more than three years(Anglo-Kuki war 1917-1919)This history is the political backbone of the Kukis who are far scattered and wide in South East Asian countries.So the state BJP Government and Union Government should take a soft stand regarding the UNC against the upgradation of Kangpokpi (Kanggui) ADC into DC for peaceful co-existence.
L. Nehkholien Haokip via email
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today