Imphal, Oct 8: Editors Guild Manipur condemn and take serious note of some locales of Khumidok Arapti Madrassa area who intimidated reporters from both the electronic and print media who had rushed to gather news from the area following reports of violence during the local body poll today (7 October 2017). The unruly mob not only threaten the reporters with dire consequence but also prevented them from carrying out their duties as journalists. The EGM considers this as direct attack on the freedom of press and freedom to do our duty as media person and urge the state Home department to take equally serious view and book those concern under the due process of law. EGM also urged the local leaders, clubs of the area to identify the culprit and help bring justice so that similar incident do not take place in future.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Doner Approves 176.43 Crores for different schemes in the state
- Ukhrul Baby League Football Cup - 2019 Launched By AR
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Joint Team Apprehends Cadre Involved In Ambush On Assam Rifles
- Minister Shyamkumar opens rural market shed in Senapati; Inspects ongoing projects in Imphal East