Imphal, May 9, 2017 (DIPR): Manipur Chief Minister Shri N. Biren Singh today paid his tribute and placed wreaths on the dead bodies of the two Territorial Army jawans who were martyred in Tengnoupal District yesterday. The solemn wreath laying ceremony conducted in the true traditions of the Indian Armed Forces was held at 165th Territorial Army Company located at Koirengei airfield, Imphal.
Condemning the unfortunate incident in strongest terms, Chief Minister Shri N. Biren Singh said that those martyred soldiers laid down their lives to serve the people as well as the country.
Honouring the supreme sacrifice made by two valiant soldiers in the line of duty, floral tributes were also paid to the martyred soldiers by DGP, Manipur Shri L.M. Khaute, IGAR (South) Major General Virendra Singh, GOC, 57th Mountain Division, Major General U Suresh Kumar, Dy GOC, 57th Mountain Division, Shri SKS Chauhan, IGP, Manipur, Shri Clay Khongsai and other top Army and police officials.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur maybe deleted from the list of COVID-19 map; Credit goes to Chief Minister and his team
- COVID-19: A crisis that humankind can solve
- HRDA filed petition to take action against the arbitrary arrest of YFPHR activists
- CM announces Financial assistance to Manipuri stranded outside the state
- IPSA distributes edible items to labourers of FCI & FCS