Imphal, Jan 10: Zeliangrong Tribes across the state celebrates the Gaan Ngai festival today with cultural and traditional fervor. Gaan-Ngai, a post harvest, festival is the biggest annual festival of the Zeliangrong Tribes which are mainly inhabited at various part of Nagaland, Assam and Manipur.
Here in the state of Manipur state level celebration of the Gaan-Ngai festival was held at Ragailong , in Imphal East, with Chief Secretary of Manipur, O Nabakishore Singh as the Chief Guest. Amu Kamei, President of Zeliangrong Union, Assam, Manipur and Nagaland presided over the function while RH. Gonmei, IAS, attended as Guest of Honour.
The Gaan Ngai festival was also celebrated at Nongmaikhong Village under Bishnupur district. Vice Prsident BJP Manipur Pradesh M Ashinikumar and Adim Panmei grace the occasion as dignitaries. The celebration was organised by Nupi Chaokat Marup of Nongmaikhong.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24