The construction of temporary market sheds came to a grinding halt when MLA Joykishan of Thangmeiband Assembly Constituency intervened. The labourers were force to stopped working and the GI sheet and plastic walls erected on the roadside for construction of the market sheds had been forcibly removed. The construction is being underway after the two Kwairamband Keithel has been put to a danger level after the damage in the 6.8 magnitude of Jan 4.
Narrating the whole incident to our staff reporter, MLA Joykishan said that he came to the site of the construction of the temporary market sheds today morning around 9:30 am, which fall in the jurisdiction of his constituency and asked who is constructing the market sheds and under whose authority. A man who is said to be the contractor of the work said that the work was being executed under the instruction of the Chief Engineer and Superintending Engineer of PWD and being supervised by Assistant Engineer Uttam.
MLA Joykishan warned official of stern action if the law is violated.
Latest from ImphalTimes
- Launching function of Wild Urban Bay Leaf Herbal Tea
- Manipur Maoist says 16 students admitted to Catholic Schools through backdoor using the name of a Revolutionary group
- Realisation Day; Echoes the wake up call of the indigenous people.
- Repoll concludes in 19 Polling station of Outer PC
- Protective Thinking: The current status of Naga-Kuki relations in Manipur (Part-I)
Lichai Saturday, 16 January 2016 20:54 Comment Link
Thika Pemba MLAs si Lichai pidrabadi thika Kaoba Ngamloidouri