IT News |Imphal, July 10: While the people of the state is concerned about the territorial integrity the Governor’s address in the assembly did not mention about the territorial disputes of the state other than land recognition and revenue income, said ex-MLA, Langthabal Kendra, O. Joy at a press conference held today at Manipur Press Club.Addressing the press conference, O. Joy further said there are three important things which have to be taken care by the government. Firstly, there is a need of a land law to protect the agricultural land. Secondly, a treaty needs to be signed between the Manipur government, Indian Government and the Myanmar Government about the territorial boundaries. And lastly, be it Inner Line Permit or any other Permits, the government must impose a law to protect the indigenous people of the state.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24