IT News Imphal July 10: Federation of Regional Indigenous Society (FRIENDS) today picked up 11 non-locals for entering in the state without proper identity proof. In a press meet held today at the office of FREINDS, W Santa, Publicity Secretary of FREINDS said that the eleven non-locals have been transported inside the state by a Imphal-Guwahati bound inter-state bus bearing registration number MN01 1387 (Royal Rajdhani) by a one identified as Md Atur Rahaman. Earlier also he had involved in bringing in number of non-local laborers in the state. The eleven non-locals who had been picked up by FREINDS are identified as Md Ayob Ali (20), Md. Ali, Md. Faijur Rahman, Md. Ayub Ali, Md. Aibali Rahaman, Md. Harzad Ali Md. Rabul Aslam, Md. Inamul Haq and Md Maut Ali. During the press meet W Santa said that the government of the state should take up necessary measures to check the sudden increase of non-local population to safeguard the indigenous people of the state. Presently, one third of the whole population of the state is non-locals. There will be no indigenous people in the state if Inner Line Permit System is not implemented timely.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24