IT News Imphal July 10: Federation of Regional Indigenous Society (FRIENDS) today picked up 11 non-locals for entering in the state without proper identity proof. In a press meet held today at the office of FREINDS, W Santa, Publicity Secretary of FREINDS said that the eleven non-locals have been transported inside the state by a Imphal-Guwahati bound inter-state bus bearing registration number MN01 1387 (Royal Rajdhani) by a one identified as Md Atur Rahaman. Earlier also he had involved in bringing in number of non-local laborers in the state. The eleven non-locals who had been picked up by FREINDS are identified as Md Ayob Ali (20), Md. Ali, Md. Faijur Rahman, Md. Ayub Ali, Md. Aibali Rahaman, Md. Harzad Ali Md. Rabul Aslam, Md. Inamul Haq and Md Maut Ali. During the press meet W Santa said that the government of the state should take up necessary measures to check the sudden increase of non-local population to safeguard the indigenous people of the state. Presently, one third of the whole population of the state is non-locals. There will be no indigenous people in the state if Inner Line Permit System is not implemented timely.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam