IT News Imphal July 10: Joint Committee on Inner Line Permit System in Manipurtoday staged sit-in-protest at six different locations of the state demanding implementation of Inner Line Permit System in the state.The sites where the JCILPS staged sit-in-protest today are Tera Keithel, Kwakeithel, Wangkhei Yonglan Leirak, Thangmeiband Panthoibi Shanglen, Moirang Hanuba Leirak Community Road and Khurai Tinsid Road. During the sit-in-protest, the protesters demonstrate placards read as, No Permit, No Entry into Manipur, Save Manipuri, Endangered Human Species, Save Land of Indigenous People, No Land Ownership to Non-Manipuri and Enact Land Law for Indigenous People.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam