IT News Imphal July 10: Joint Committee on Inner Line Permit System in Manipurtoday staged sit-in-protest at six different locations of the state demanding implementation of Inner Line Permit System in the state.The sites where the JCILPS staged sit-in-protest today are Tera Keithel, Kwakeithel, Wangkhei Yonglan Leirak, Thangmeiband Panthoibi Shanglen, Moirang Hanuba Leirak Community Road and Khurai Tinsid Road. During the sit-in-protest, the protesters demonstrate placards read as, No Permit, No Entry into Manipur, Save Manipuri, Endangered Human Species, Save Land of Indigenous People, No Land Ownership to Non-Manipuri and Enact Land Law for Indigenous People.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. He also looks after the website and application of Imphal Times. An avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Governor meets with Sehlon Villagers
- Assam Rifles Celebrates World Earth Day
- Manipur Governor Dr. Najma Heptulla pays floral tribute to the heroes of Khongjom War
- Following is the speech by Dr. Najma Heptulla delivered on the occasion of Khongjom Day
- Inner Manipur Parliamentary election: Re-poll announced in 12 Polling stations; fresh polling on April 24