Imphal, June 30:
Coalition Against Drugs & Alcohol (CADA) organized an awareness program on Covid-19 at Hiyanglam Wabagai Terapishak Keithel yesterday. The program was aimed at imparting knowledge about the pandemic so that community transmission in the state, which has become a risk, can be stopped and also dispelling the various myths surrounding it. The awareness program was presided by Hijam Priyokumar (President CADA), Dipanjit Ningthoujam (Vice president CADA), Mayengbam Budha (Secretary Organisation CADA), Elangbam Shyama (Advisor CADA Kakching) and Huidrom Memngoubi (senior member Terapishak Apunba Meira Paibi Lup). Dipanjit Ningthoujam while addressing the participants briefed about the transmission mode of the virus and the measures to combat it. Hijam Priyokumar also drew the attention of concern authorities to quarantine the drivers who are responsible for transport of stranded passengers from Jiribam to various parts of the state. Face masks and Hand sanitizers were also distributed to the participants of the program.
Latest from Kshetrimayum Birosh Singh
- The changing trend of Media in Manipur
- KSA seeks public debate and consensus before inclusion of Manipuri script in Indian currency
- Manipur University accords warm reception to Its COVID-19 volunteers
- Health department says no community transmission in Manipur
- ACOAM-Lup celebrates 20th Foundation day