Imphal, June 30:
The troops of Chassad Battalion (Somsai Sector) Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (South) turned saviours for the victims of a road accident in the remote Chattrik area of Kamjong district on 26 June 2020.
At around 1100hr, a Shaktiman truck carrying sand alongwith 5 passengers was moving from village Chattrik Khullen to Kamjong. The region has been facing incessant rains since past two days and due to sudden brake failure, the vehicle lost control while negotiating a hairpin bend downslope and toppled off the road. As a result of sudden jerk, one of the passengers, Leishingam fell off the vehicle and sustained severe facial injuries to his nose, jaw and forehead. The other passengers too sustained minor injuries.
On receipt of information, a team of one officer and 11 troops including Nursing Assistant of the Chattrik post of Assam Rifles immediately rushed to the accident site and provided continuous medical aid to the victims and evacuated them to CHC Kamjong for further medical treatment.
The village authorities and the local community expressed profound gratitude to the unit for this prompt & kind gesture. Such instances and many more reaffirm the Assam Rifles as the True Friends of North East.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Education Minister leads cleanliness drive at DM University Campus
- Festival of Tree Plantation celebrated in Tamenglong
- Assam Rifles organises tree plantation drive jointly with forest officials
- Education sector needs to re-evaluate disciplines offered in the context of global advancement: Minister Education
- CM inaugurates various projects through video conferencing