Imphal, June 29:
A special train ferrying 1292 passengers (including 5 children) from Bengaluru had arrived at Jiribam Railway station on Sunday, the 28th June, 2020 at around 4.50 pm.
The train was started from Bengaluru, Karnataka on 26th June, 2020. The number of passengers according to the sequence of their departure from Jiribam railway station were — Ukhrul district-236 passengers (including 2 children), Senapati district-329 passengers (including 3 children), Kamjong district – 40 passengers, Kangpokpi district-95, Kakching, Chandel and Tengnoupal districts - 69 passengers, Churachandpur and Pherzawl districts – 212 passengers, Thoubal district - 25 passengers, Noney district - 31 passengers, Bishnupur district - 47 passengers, Tamenglong district - 101 passengers, Imphal East district - 32 passengers, Imphal West district - 59 passengers and Jiribam district - 16 passengers.
After undergoing screening and other mandatory procedures at Jiribam railway station, all the returnees boarded 41 buses including 6 MST for heading towards their respective quarantine centres.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Education Minister leads cleanliness drive at DM University Campus
- Festival of Tree Plantation celebrated in Tamenglong
- Assam Rifles organises tree plantation drive jointly with forest officials
- Education sector needs to re-evaluate disciplines offered in the context of global advancement: Minister Education
- CM inaugurates various projects through video conferencing