Imphal, June 29:
The Social Development Organisation (SDO), Pallel in a press release have warned of intense agitation if the Govt, go ahead with the proposed delimitation based on fictitious data of 2001 census. The club further added that the people of Pallel would support delimitation of constituencies based on up to date data which are non-discriminatory and non-contentious. The proposed delimitation is fraught with danger as the data was being kept withheld by authorities for a long time due to humanly impossible rate of growth. SDO also proposed delimitation based on 2021 census and to address the plight of people of 8 constituencies in outer Manipur Parliamentary constituency, where the voters have right to cast their vote but are denied from contesting election, by increasing more Lok Sabha seats for the state in the proposed delimitation.
Latest from Kshetrimayum Birosh Singh
- The changing trend of Media in Manipur
- KSA seeks public debate and consensus before inclusion of Manipuri script in Indian currency
- Manipur University accords warm reception to Its COVID-19 volunteers
- Health department says no community transmission in Manipur
- ACOAM-Lup celebrates 20th Foundation day