Imphal, June 4:
Kalakshetra Manipur mourns the untimely demise of Khwairakpam Ushakanta, who had served the theatre group as the secretary. He was 59 and had been associated with the group since 30 years. He breathed his last this June 4 morning at the premises of the theatre group, Langol Laimanai, Imphal West.
A condolence meeting was held today morning, which was led by Kalakshetra Manipur theatre group’s guru Heisnam Sabitri, director Heisnam Tomba, senior artists along with the family members. A two-minute silent condolence was offered, followed by floral tribute.
Ksh Ushakanta joined the theatre group in the year 1989, and sought permission from the then guru Heisnam Kanhailal to offer his voluntary service of looking after the daily affairs and functioning of the group. Since then, he had served the theatre group with utmost dedication and sacrificial spirit as the organizational secretary.
Kalakshetra Manipur guru, Heisnam Sabitri lamenting the untimely demise of the secretary, said the void left by him in the group will be hard to be filled. His loving and giving nature and his warm persona had made him an indomitable member of the group.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- KKL Received Humanitarian Award
- ATSUM serious to the functioning of TA & HD; threatens stir
- JFA insists on mass Covid-19 screening for media employees
- NEFIS demands subsidy for fertilizers
- Nagaland declared disturbed area for 6 more months; ‘Law and order situation in Nagaland, disturbed and dangerous’ – Home Ministry