Imphal, June 2:
Large number of vehicles that were transporting people of the state who are returning from outside and various trucks ferrying essential commodities were stranded today on the Imphal Jiri Highway because of landslide occurring at various places along the route.
Report reaching here said that heavy landslide occurred at Sibilong area following heavy rain yesterday and had slide down a makeshift hut and a shop blocking the road.
At the same time another mudslide occurred in between Oinamlong and Noney. At Sinam village area too landslide occurred due to heavy rain also blocking the Imphal - Jiribam road.
Officials of the state government and the High way maintenance group are trying hard to clear the road, however till the filling of this story the road could not be cleared.
On the other hand the water level of Barak River is reported to be alarming. Villagers staying at the bank of the river have been warned to evacuate the place to safer place.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- UNMM shows serious concerns over the rise in crime against women; expressed shock and urges govt. to punish culprits behind the killing of 23 years old girl
- BMS presses EPF 26% for 2015, 2016 to contract labours of MHM Society
- JFA mourns demise of media corona-warrior in Orissa
- EEVFAM demands speedy justice delivery to fake encounter victims
- ANTA congratulate Dr Hmunshel Jasha over his appointment as Scientist at CSIR - IITM