Imphal, May 28:
All India Youth Federation (AIYF) has condemned the denial of OBCs in the allocation of medical seats for the past 3 years since 2017.
A statement of the student body signed by its President Aftab Alam Khan and General Secretary Thirumala Raman said that reservation policy is being undermined by the BJP government controlled by RSS which is always against social justice and reservation.
“Since 2017, under NEET, OBCs are not provided mandatory 27% reservation in all India polled quota of medical seats”, the statement said. It added that those seats have been transferred to general category and hence 10,000 OBC students have been denied opportunity for medical education for last 3 years.
The left wing student body blamed the BJP government terming it as a policy to benefit the upper class students only.
The AIYF demanded allotment of 27% reservation seat to OBCs in the All India Medical Seat allotment.
Latest from Guru Aribam Naocha
- IPSA blames agriculture department of present fertiliser crisis; Warns intense agitation
- EHWF condemn the increasing act of crime against women in Manipur
- NH-2 Motbung-Sapermeina stretch in pathetic conditions, citizens & Organizations decries negligence
- Gyanendro Ningombam elected as new Hockey India President
- 5th death anniversary of Robinhood; JCILPS not satisfy with the present ILPS in Manipur , calls it toothless regulations