Imphal, May 27:
Union Government of India has announced Rs. 50 lakh Life Insurance Scheme for Health workers fighting COVID-19 under the prime Minister Garib Kalyan Package.
An office memorandum issued by the Deputy Secretary (Health & Family Welfare) of the Government of Manipur said that the insurance scheme will be available for health workers who have lost their life due to COVID-19 and to those who died accidentally while performing duty related with COVID-19.
The insurance scheme covers public healthcare providers including community health workers, who are directly contacting while taking care of the COVID-19 patients and who may be at risk of being impacted by it. The insurance also covers private hospital staffs and retired / volunteers/ local urban bodies/ contracted / daily wage/ ad-hoc/ outsourced staffs requisitioned by the state/central hospitals/ autonomous hospitals of centers, states or Union territories, AIIMS and INIs / hospital of Central Ministries.
Latest from Guru Aribam Naocha
- IPSA blames agriculture department of present fertiliser crisis; Warns intense agitation
- EHWF condemn the increasing act of crime against women in Manipur
- NH-2 Motbung-Sapermeina stretch in pathetic conditions, citizens & Organizations decries negligence
- Gyanendro Ningombam elected as new Hockey India President
- 5th death anniversary of Robinhood; JCILPS not satisfy with the present ILPS in Manipur , calls it toothless regulations