Imphal, May 25:
Lack of civic sense and non compliance of health advisory to contain the COVID-19 pandemic by passengers who arrived today at Bir Tikendrajit International Airport had irked various people including frontline warriors of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Talking to this reporter in a state of anonymity, a security force deployed at Imphal Airport to receive those passengers said that even though these people are literate they don’t follow the health advisory like maintaining physical distances. Moreover, some of the passengers simply throw the mask that they used inside the airport premises. Imphal Times reporter witness some used masks lying on the premises.
Authorities of the transport department who were present there arrange buses for transportation of the passengers to the Institutional Quarantine Center (IQC) by maintaining physical distancing. The first 95 passengers were transported to HRD Academy and paid quarantine centers opened at Imphal Hotel.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Anti-Repression Day commemorated to mark 16th Anniversary historic protest by Imas in front of Kangla Gate
- YACPIP appeals Assam Govt. to include Manipuri Language as Associate official Language
- Save Nambul River: Mrs. Grimwood’s Nambul part of the story will be contrasting if written today
- Labour minister instructs officials to form task force to timely address labour shortage
- Make sure that all farmers get fertilizer on time - UPF