Imphal, May 24:
A statement by Delhi Association of Manipur Muslim Students (DAMMS) said that maximum number of Manipuri students stranded in Gujarat is in Bharuch district.
It said that despite having highest number of students in this district,it has been reported that not a single student from this district has been included among the first evacuees who had headed back home on May 15.
On May 23 more than 200 pangals who all are in possession of valid IDs and valid train tickets have been abominably shackled from boarding the train after making them wait for more than two hours at Bharuch train station and the train have been left empty seated. And after, they have been told to go away by the train authorities and anyone who tried to enquire a bit was threatened to be in custody.
The DAMMS said that it was a complete humiliation and deliberate act of discrimination against the vulnerable groups and also a blatant irresponsible attitude of the government. The concerned authority must immediately intervene in this matter. If any situation arises to these stranded students, government should bear the whole responsibility, the DAMMS caution.
The Muslim students’ body strongly condemn to the act of discrimination and exclusion.
Latest from Huirem Naresh
- KKL Received Humanitarian Award
- ATSUM serious to the functioning of TA & HD; threatens stir
- JFA insists on mass Covid-19 screening for media employees
- NEFIS demands subsidy for fertilizers
- Nagaland declared disturbed area for 6 more months; ‘Law and order situation in Nagaland, disturbed and dangerous’ – Home Ministry