Imphal, May 21 :
Special train from Hyderabad ferrying stranded residents of Manipur due to the nationwide lockdown imposed to contain the Covid-19 pandemic reached Jiribam Railway Station at 10.00 am today.
35 passengers including 3 (three) babies from Ukhrul district, 47 passengers from Chandel and Tengnoupal districts, 52 passengers from Senapati and Kangpokpi districts, 86 passengers from Churachandpur, Pherzawl and Bishnupur districts, 54 passengers from Thoubal and Kakching districts, 54 including 2 (two) babies from Imphal West district, 66 from Imphal East, Kamjong and Noney districts and 7 passengers from Tamenglong district left for their respective districts in 15 buses of the State Transport Department, Government of Manipur.
Also 29 passengers including 1(one) baby from Jiribam district was brought back today.
All the returnees travelling in the special train from Hyderabad were screened by the authorities at the Jiribam Railway Station. The returnees boarded the buses after undergoing necessary screening process and following other mandatory procedures under the supervision of the Jiribam District Administration.
The returnees will remain in isolation at the Community Quarantine Centres of their respective districts for 14 days.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- ‘For 2nd installment ex-gratia for NSAP pensioners released’
- Vegetable flood at Wabagai; whereas Vegetable drought at Imphal during lock down due to pandemic COVID-19
- Continuing woes of people in the Green Zone of Manipur
- Residents of Manipur returns in special Train from Chennai
- Points to ponder: Social Media during Lockdown