Imphal, May 20:
Thangmeiband United Club (TUC) in co-ordination with Imphal West district Administration, under the supervision of MLA Khumukcham Joykishan had opened a separate room for transgender at the Community Quarantine centre of DM College of Teachers’ Education, Dhanamanjuri University.
The Community Quarantine centre is opened for returnees from other states in the wake of COVID19 pandemic.
The separate room for transgender is set up with separate toilet facilities which can accommodate five persons. Ya_all, an NGO which have been focusing on transgender have extended its support in setting up the separate compartment.
A Hygiene Bank where stocks of masks , sanitiser, PPEs, sanitary kits for women etc have also been opened. According to report Private donations have been made by various individuals, NGO, private firms etc. Besides, the district administration of Imphal west had also set up a Food Bank, where people can donate food items for the people staying in the Quarantine centre.
Facilities like temporary ramp will be provided for the differently-abled people. More initiatives will come up considering the need of the hour, Thangmeiband United Club (TUC) informed to reporters.
Latest from Guru Aribam Naocha
- “I feel regret about Steffie” MLA Sushindro on war against COVID-19
- AIYF condemns denial of reservation for OBCs in Medical education
- Terror charges framed against Arakanese editor
- Rs. 50 lakh Life Insurance Scheme for COVID-19 frontline warriors announced under PMGKP
- Returnees of Pune Shramik special train starts to transport