Imphal, May 20
At what could be term as a Psychopathic act, a 57 years old man shoot himself to dead after trying to kill his own wife and his son yesterday evening. The incident happened at around 8.30 pm yesterday at a rented room located at Dewlahland in Imphal West district.
The deceased is identified as K.S. Ramthing , who is working as a peon at TRI Chingmeirong. He reportedly attempted to kill his wife using a iron rod but the wife miraculously escaped. He later tried to kill his own son before he shot him, himself to dead. Police team who rushed the spot found the room locked. As the police team forcibly opened the room the deceased was found lying near the door in a pool of blood with a pistol lying near him. His son was found lying at the bed with minor injury at his throat. The police team immediately rushed the child to the hospital. He is reportedly out of danger.
Latest from Sh Ajit
- Save Nambul River: Mrs. Grimwood’s Nambul part of the story will be contrasting if written today
- Labour minister instructs officials to form task force to timely address labour shortage
- Make sure that all farmers get fertilizer on time - UPF
- COVID-19: Manipur has 342 active cases, tally stands at 540
- NSCN-K calls upon frontline workers of COVID-19 Pandemic to be more transparent and responsible